So, I’ve been the laziest blogger ever. Here’s what I’ve been doing instead of writing:
- Playing bass with the Outfits. We are playing at Picnic Music and Arts Festival on August 27, plus we got a really nice write-up in the Phoenix’s Wax Tablet. I’m psyched about this new column, and not just because they wrote about my band– this is a great alternative to the press-release heavy column Sibilance, and is clearly written by someone who cares about the Portland music scene.
- Working at Ferdinand! Come see me on Sundays from noon til 5, and stay tuned for details on the Ferd’s 10th anniversary bash! Also, check back tomorrow for a post on the amazing shirts Althea and I got there.
- Working at the new Pinecone+Chickadee store on Free Street (next to Find). This store has all of the classic P+C shirts, onesies, and cards, as well as vintage housewares, wooden toys, jewelry, prints by Kris Johnsen and other local artists, Ferdinand shirts and cards, and a random assortment of cool things found by Wary Meyers. We will soon be expanding our photography section with vintage cameras, but right now we have camera kits and cyanotype paper and fabric.
- Selling my jewelry at the Merchant Company on Congress Street. I share a table with Little Eye and eden natural bath and body. The Merchant Company is like an indoor, year-round craft fair/flea market. The whole place is jam-packed with insanely cool stuff that I am trying very hard not to buy, since I have to buy a stupid car instead.
- Selling my jewelry at Find, a store that never has a window display without at least two items I desperately want.
- Getting married. Mike and I got married on May 31 in our apartment.